I know many people read blogs and often never comment. That makes it hard for bloggers to know what people might enjoy reading. What kinds of blogs do you read and what content do you enjoy?
- What blogs do you read on a regular basis? Please let me know blog names or general content.
- Do you like content related to writing fictional characters or constructing dialogue in fiction?
- Are you more interested in the books I read. In other words do you like reading my reviews of books?
- Do you enjoy content related to a writer’s life. Things like how we spend our writing days or how we construct a story or what motivates us to spend hours writing?
- Are you looking for new writers to explore? Do you like reading author interviews and learning about their new books?
- What about creativity? Is that your thing? Do you enjoy learning more about the creative mind and how it works?
- Do surveys entice you? How about surveys that identify your reading style or your writing style or your reading or writing preferences?
- Do you enjoy reading book promotions? That means a blurb about a new book and its author?
- If you’re a nonfiction writer, do you like to read about the ins and outs of writing a memoir or a nonfiction book?
- How about that messy business of publishing? Are you interested in tips for getting a publisher or an agent?
- Marketing books is a big issue in the world of writing. Are you reading blogs that teach you where to market your books, whether social media outlets or through face-to-face interactions with readers or through blog tours?
- Do you like reading short fiction on blogs. Fictional stories that are under 1000 words that you can enjoy with your morning coffee?
- What about the latest scams designed to entrap writers in marketing deals or book deals in which they spend lots of money and get nothing in return? Are you interested in learning how to avoid these traps?
- Finally, what are your interested in reading on my blog? Please help me learn your interests so I can continue to give you meaningful content.
Happy New Year!
MJ LaBeff says
I love your blog and all of the content you include is great for reaching a large audience with a variety of interests. I do like reading your book reviews and would like more info on marketing books too- so #3 and #11 sound great! Of course, I also like the author interviews because it’s fun to have a peek into a writer’s life and learning about what they do, how they write and their other interests too. There’s my $.02 cents for what it’s worth😃 Thank you!
Joan Curtis says
Hi MJ! Thanks for sharing your comments. I appreciate learning what people like to see and what they enjoy. Because I don’t get a lot of comments, I wonder if anyone out there is reading! It’s nice to learn that I’m hitting a few people and they appreciate what I post. Again, thanks! I’ll make note of doing more #3 and #11. 🙂
Scott Hill says
Hola Isabelle, como esta usted?